Saturday, June 22, 2013

Final day at Second City

Friday was my last day of classes at Second City. The day was incredible, with both classes having nice conclusions to the week's learning. In the improv class we worked on partner scenes. The writing class was completed overflowing with information and we worked right up until the end. The instructor was nice enough to continue to give me other improv exercises after class and talk to me about the structure of improv and good exercises to teach to my students. When I left the building around 5:30 PM I felt like I was on top of the world because of all the great information I had gathered throughout the week. There is so much information that I have recorded in my iPad and in my notebook that I will have to wait until I return to Alabama in order to sort it all out and put it together in cohesive lesson plans for my students. Today (Saturday), I am excited to go so the smash Broadway hit The Book of Mormon. One of my classmates went this week and he was raving about how incredible it was. I will close the evening out tonight the iO's presentation of Whirled News Tonight. iO was formerly called Improv Olympics but was later sued by the 'real' Olympics for using the name. Evidently the only institutions in the world that can use the term 'Olympics' are the 'real' Olympics and the Special Olympics, so now they go by the name iO. iO comes strongly recommended from all the folks at Second City. I'll let you know how those shows go later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment